Monday 22 April 2013

What is steampunk clothing...Well it can look a little like this!


What is steampunk clothing...?
Well in severe cases it can look a little like this!

Here at Boffins Bunker reality of the outside world has crept and seeped in under the tatty tarpaulin hung at the bunker blast door.   So I have to do 'real' boring stuff at home in the Bunker today.

However; Over the weekend I had to try explain to a steampunk un-initiate just what steampunk clothing looked like.  The rise & rise of steampunk fashion in clothing is being reflected on the Haute Couture of the most fashionable of top cat walks today, so I decided to 'put in a link' to items of clothing which have caught my eye & have gleaned to my Pinterest boards.

For images of Gentlemen of a steampunk scientific, adventurous or military inclination:-  CLICK HERE and visit 'The Adonis Outfitters Gentleman's Tailors Club'.

For images of Ladies of a steampunk genteel, scientific, adventurous or military inclination:-  CLICK HERE and visit 'The Aphrodite Society Of Appreciation of Female Steampunk Fashion Apparel'.

After seeing the images I was then asked.... 'Why?'

My reply was; 'Why not?'
Definitely far more interesting than sweatshop tracksuit pyjama bottoms or ski pants & a hoodie I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment